Remedial massage focuses on treating injuries, muscular aches and pains, and postural imbalances. When muscles and tendons become damaged or impaired, knotted and tense or immobile, remedial massage provides a healing treatment that can be gentle or strong; deep or shallow. Remedial massage holistically treats the whole body and traces discomfort as far as possible back to the original cause, healing both the cause of the disorder as well as the symptoms.
If you’re suffering from a soft tissue injury or have a recurring problem, remedial massage could help. Remedial massage is a deep tissue massage which creates the correct conditions to allow the body to heal itself. Strains and sprains (muscle and ligament injury) are the most common injuries which a Remedial Therapist will see. It’s not just for injuries though – the sore feeling the day (or two days) after you’ve over exerted yourself can be helped, or prevented, by remedial massage.
BENEFITS OF REMEDIAL MASSAGE
- Aids recovery from injury
- Helps re-align musculo-skeletal structure
- Can help reduce scar tissue build up
- Can help break down adhesions in the muscle tissue
- Helps to release myofascial restrictions
- Helps to release muscle spasms and relieve muscle pain.
- Re-aligns joints and relieves joint pain
If you require any further information about the benefits of Remedial Massage, please give us a call on Glasgow 0141 649-1444.